*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/549529-All-that-remains
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #1348233
Just about me
#549529 added November 16, 2007 at 11:40am
Restrictions: None
All that remains.
I drove by the house this morning. Or what used to be my house. The landlords house is still to the right of the school, but his ornate mailbox is smashed in. My other neighbors house is there too, as are two other little crapboxes (new prefab homes) squeezed onto a quarter acre of divided land.

As we drove by, my ex (let's give him a name, shall we? Let's call him Brad, for future reference) said "Oh my God, the tree is still there! "

Sure enough, the gargantuan pine tree that stood in my front yard was there, as well as the partially truncated maple tree and buck eye tree. They were all there, where my front yard used to be, in a patch of grass about a quarter acre. They rest in a diagonal pattern from NE to SW. My theory: The landlord must have planted these trees for his children when he was younger, and refused to have them removed, even though he deemed the property to the High School developers. Is that even possible?

AAaaany way, Brad parked in a small space adjacent to the road, and I hopped out to pick up some of the pine cones the tree had dropped. They were stunted and much smaller than the ten inch monstrosities that used to fall from that tree. It's as if the tree was mourning the loss of the land too. I plan on putting them in a shadow box, along with a few pictures of the house when it was in its glory.

It's amazing how things change.

Ravenwand.

© Copyright 2007 Ravenwand, Rising Star! (UN: ravenwand at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ravenwand, Rising Star! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/549529-All-that-remains