*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/562493-words-that-soar
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#562493 added January 21, 2008 at 11:58pm
Restrictions: None
words that soar
I just finished reading The Kite Runner. I've avoided it for a long time, I don't know why. Maybe because I couldn't pronounce the names, didn't know the geography or the culture. I'm so glad my son and daughter-in-law convinced me.

The writing is beautiful. I love a good book with interesting characters and plot, but, even more than reading John Grisham, I love a book with words that make my heart expand. Here's a small example that won't give away the plot to anyone: "...I wondered if that was how forgiveness budded, not with the fanfare of epiphany, but with pain gathering its things, packing up, and slipping away in the middle of the night."

Few authors write words that sing to me like this, expand my world and make me cry.

If you have some favorites who can capture images and write their prose with poetry, please tell me. I need more.

© Copyright 2008 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/562493-words-that-soar