*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/580968-Chapter-2
Rated: 18+ · Book · Supernatural · #1404645
Paranormal Romance Prologue.
#580968 added June 9, 2008 at 1:10pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 2
Chapter 2

         At 8:05 pm that night she walked into Anthony‘s. People stopped and stared, not believing their eyes, as Ana walked through the doors. A silence fell on the previously noisy bustling restaurant.

         She glowed like the sun at night, radiating a sensual sexuality. She got the impression that all the men in the place stared, tongues wagging with growing arousal. The men, she knew had only one thing on their minds. That was obvious by the growing anger of the women they were with. Some physically made their man turn away, breaking the spell that had ensnared them.

         Ana wore a black skin tight mini-dress, low heels, no makeup, and her hair had been thrown up in a loose styled bun with locks of brown hanging down. To her she looked like one of those girl’s in that video she had seen recently, minus the sore thumb red lipstick. It was a bit clichéd for her taste but in a pinch, it had been a reliable backup. She felt naked without makeup, like she had no clothes on.

         The hostess said “May I help you?”

         “Yes, I am looking for Nick.”

         “This way, please?” she said, leading Ana through the waiting area, into and through the dining area to a table in a secluded part of the restaurant.

         He sat across from her and stared at her, apparently afflicted by the same thing that had suddenly put a stop to the usual noise and made her the center of attention. He looked deeply into her brown eyes and silence took him, too.

         Her eyes captured part of him as he stared deep into the earthly brown depths of her eyes. He had become lost in them, not noticing the waiter’s approach.

         The waiter said, “Welcome to Anthony’s, my name is Phil, I will be your server this evening.” He paused, looked at Ana and swallowed the lump in his throat as he forced himself to look away and do his job. All he could think of was getting her in bed as a grin spread the corners of his mouth wide. He gave his head a little shake and asked, “Are you ready to order?”

         “Madame?”

         “What are the specials today?”

         “Spinach wrapped chicken or veal in a creamy white garlic sauce served on a bed of white rice, with penne pasta.”

         “I’ll have that. Thank you.”

         “Chicken or veal?”

         “Chicken, please?”

         “Very good.” The waiter turned to him and prompted… “Sir?” pen poised over the tablet, ready to jot down his order. 

         A few seconds passed, still the waiter stood pen in hand, waiting patiently and said, a little louder this time… “Sir…”

         He finally noticed the waiter and turned to look at him. “Give me the roast chicken with baked potato, just butter, and green beans.”

         The waiter took the menus from them and went to the kitchen to post their orders.

         Nick put his elbow on the table and chin in his hand, once again stared into her big brown eyes. He got a sense of running on four legs, at high speeds through tall grass, weaving through trees, avoiding shorter brush that presented a threat to this romp.

         He felt the grass under his feet, cool and inviting, the brush slapping him in the face and stinging his skin. His fur blowing in the breeze his motion created, mouth open, tongue hanging out catching the air as he ran full tilt through the wilds of his home.


© Copyright 2008 Korath Mindsthrall (UN: vivienthompson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Korath Mindsthrall has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/580968-Chapter-2