*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/586958-Two
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1430067
A collection of stories about Velvet Juno, who hopes for a second chance.
#586958 added May 24, 2008 at 9:23pm
Restrictions: None
Two
I was twelve when my mom went to the hospital.
That was the first time I met my grandparents, they're my dad's parents, old as the hills, but they have no idea. Grandpa thinks he's as wise as Solomon, sometimes he is, but sometimes I can't understand a word he says. Grandma has pink hair. It's a literal pink Afro. They live in a tiny house in a tiny town in a tiny state. 
         "Say what you mean and mean what you say." That's my grandpa. He's right. To the point then.
I mean to say, my life was hell. I felt alone and depressed, I dyed my hair black, I even cut myself a few times. My grandparents didn't know any better. There that's what I wanted to say. I said it, now you know. 
I can't even begin to tell you what it felt like.  So, I won't. It doesn't matter. You've heard of my "type". You know the deal.
"I love you." I wanted to hear those words.
         Sophomore year of high school, I sat in the back row of an over-crowded, people pleaser, high-energy youth group. The place was muggy and I slipped outside, leant against the pole outside. I heard a noise behind me and there sat Chance.
         Charcoal gray eyes, thick, blonde hair, smooth pale skin. He was the very picture of clean cut. I was the very picture of a wreck, a punked out emo kid. Loser, loser, hates the world!
That had no effect on Chance.
© Copyright 2008 A. Dawn-Taylor (UN: alikidawn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
A. Dawn-Taylor has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/586958-Two