*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/587295-Three
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1430067
A collection of stories about Velvet Juno, who hopes for a second chance.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#587295 added May 26, 2008 at 3:18pm
Restrictions: None
Three
Well let's go back to the middle of the day that starts it all

I can't begin to let you know just what I'm feeling

         "Are you okay?" His huge gray eyes look down on me, sincere, a little bit hopeful.
         "Yeah, It's just crowded in there," I say, blowing off the most gorgeous guy on earth. I can't believe it, but I'm thinking, how can a bible thumper be this hot?
         "I like to come out here and think." He says, "You're right it's crowded in there, and its all fake, you know?" he turns to me, "I'm Chance."
         "Velvet."
         "I love that."
         "What?"
"Your name. I love your name."
"I like yours. Any reason why you're named Chance?" He paused, thought about that.
"I guess because... everyone wants a Chance." I smiled at that.  He smiled back. Inner melt, outer composure. There's not even a chance I would fall for a guy like him. No way. Not a chance. But I was.

Grandma pulled up 15 minutes later, her hair a shining emblem of my crazy messed up life. I was completely embarrassed. She honks the horn, waves.
"Velvet! Over here! Did you have a nice time at the service?"
Grandpa always says, "It's the people you love most that you hate the most." I despised grandma.
"Hey!" I look back. Chance is holding out a slip of paper.
"I know it's a bit unorthodox," he says, "but I thought, you might need this. I mean, I'm there if you need someone to talk to." It's his phone number. Someone to talk to? Now that was unorthodox.
© Copyright 2008 A. Dawn-Taylor (UN: alikidawn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
A. Dawn-Taylor has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/587295-Three