*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/592907-I-need-to-let-go
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#592907 added June 24, 2008 at 6:58pm
Restrictions: None
I need to let go
Fidál (Grace), 1 Rahmat (Mercy), 165 BE – Tuesday, June 24, 2008 about 3:07 PM PDT

I need to let go; I need to relax; I need to take a deep breath and keep plugging away. Instead of trying to control everything, which I can't do. OK, I'm admitting it; I'm admitting to a thousand or so readers that I'm a bit of a control freak, which seems odd to me. I can't think of one time in my life that I've been in control of anything for very long. As soon as I think I'm in control I either get constipated or have the runs.

Maybe I need a vacation or just to get away by myself and relax. Actually what I would like is for some of my siblings to come and take Mom to the Zoo or the Mall for a day, while I stayed home and cleaned house or worked online or just sit on my enclosed patio with a glass of ice tea in one hand and a book in the other. I think it would be good for both Mom and myself, if she spent the day with either my brother or my sister. I know there isn't much hope of this happening.

I called my brother (the one living in Las Vegas) the other day and asked if he and his wife could take Mom for a day. I'm not sure, but I think the answer was no. It sounded like an I'll check my date book and get back to you answer. I'll ask again, I'm going to keep asking until I get a decisive no. I'm tired of getting the run around. I get enough exercise in futility without getting the run around.

Maybe I'm being too negative. I do have a tendency to look on the dark side. I see roadblocks as roadblocks not stepping-stones. So maybe I am being too negative. I just need a little relief. I guess I'll take Mom to one of the senior centers for a few hours and let her flirt with all the old men there. As long as she doesn't bring one home I have no problem with her having a man friend; preferably a younger one who can drive her around.


© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/592907-I-need-to-let-go