*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/602591-I-miss-rain
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#602591 added August 18, 2008 at 5:53pm
Restrictions: None
I miss rain
It is monsoon season. There are clouds, we have humidity, but no rain. Monsoon season without rain is like a banana split without bananas. I miss the rain, I miss sitting in my living room watching the rain. I miss gripping when driving in the rain because I cannot roll my window up.

This is August when lightning, thunder and rain occur at the same time. I heard it thunder once, but saw no lightning. It rained but just enough to rearrange the dirt on my car. I want a real rain. The type of rain the fills the streets because the drainage is clogged with trash. The type of rain the weather person reminds people not to drive through standing water (not that anybody listens).

I know I live in a desert where it does not rain most of the year. However, it is suppose to rain in monsoon season. That is why it is called monsoon season. Rain is expected this time of year and welcomed. True everyone grips about the rain and the drainage, but that does not mean the rain is not welcomed or expected.

This is an election year, drought or no drought, you would think mother nature would be pissed off at the politicians and rain on them. However, apparently none of the politicians have pissed her off enough.

A little rain to alleviate the humidity would be nice. It would also get rid of the heat rash I have.

© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/602591-I-miss-rain