*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/624749-Day-17-As-I-burn-another-page
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#624749 added December 17, 2008 at 7:05am
Restrictions: None
Day 17: As I burn another page
"As I burn another page
As I turn the other way
I will try to find my place
In the diary of Jane"
Breaking Benjamin "The Diary of Jane"


“As I burn another page”
in the journal of my life
I listen for chiming bells
announcing the end of material strife.

Page is a day in my life. Each day passes quickly, often too quickly, especially after we reach a specific age. The age life begins to pass is different for different people. For a long time now, I have noticed that the day pass quickly, but how fast the pass didn’t strike me until yesterday afternoon.

Yesterday I renewed my driver’s license online. My license was supposed to expire on December 24, 2008. So rather then go up to the DMV on Saturday, Monday or Tuesday, I decided to renew it online and have the money taken directly from my checking account. Renewing on line cost me $2.25 less then if I would have went up to the closest DMV office.

I printed out a confirmation and noticed the expiration date. My license will expire again on December 24, 2012. I had to laugh when I saw the year. 2012 is when the Mayan calendar ends and supposedly the world. I think it just refers to the end of a cycle, but I’m having fun with the date anyway. After all, if I can’t have fun with the calendar what good is it.

Anyway, as I was saying, page refers to a day in my life and as each day passes, I burn another page in the journal of my life. That is what the quote used in today’s prompt means to me.

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1405205 by Not Available.



© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/624749-Day-17-As-I-burn-another-page