*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/624863-Im-on-my-way-to-the-crazy-house
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#624863 added December 17, 2008 at 6:50pm
Restrictions: None
I'm on my way to the crazy house
My Goooodddd!

I'm about to do something extremely Politically Incorrect. I'm going to talk bad about my principal's develop-mentally delayed son.

He's a grown man. My principal brings him to work every morning. A bus comes to pick him up, and carries him off to who-knows-where, namely out of everybody's hair, and then brings him back in the evening, usually after the teachers leave.

The office, where his mother the principal is located, is directly across the hall from the library. Therefore, EVERY morning before his bus comes, he will wander in here . He likes to be irritating. He will say "Mrs. Southall (my predecessor) shouldn't have quit. Where's Mrs. Southall?"

My response to this and numerous other irritating questions is usually, "None of your business." He likes this. It makes him feel like he's one of the crowd to be teased.

Tonight we are having a PTA meeting/Christmas program. I am trying to save gas, plus I wanted to get a few things done, so I decided to stay at work until it started. Our church is going Christmas Caroling and hubby is taking the kids to that, so my family is squared away.

So . . . here I am at my desk, peck-peck-pecking away on my computer, and here comes Worrywart. "Where's Mrs. Bass?" he asks, referring to my assistant. I gave my standard response: "None of your business." He goes back out. I thought I was home free. Ha ha.

My husband called. Naturally, here comes Worrywart. Here's what he did while I was on the phone:

1. He took my door that I had shut on purpose and propped it back open. I had to put my husband on hold and get up so I could shut it back, because we have a lot of listening ears around here.

2. It wasn't thirty seconds until he was back. This time he went over to my thermostat and messed with it. He knows I can't stand this, I have asked him numerous times not to do it. He went back out the door. And slammed it.

3. Back again, messing with my papers and a book on my desk. I turn around with the phone still up to my ear and give him the evil eye. Finally, he went back out the door.

4. Back again, still messing with my desk. Then back out the door.

So, now I'm off the phone, right? Here he comes again. Messes with my desk. Asks where Mrs. Bass is. Goes back out the door. Back again. Stares at me. Goes back out. Comes back in. I told him I was trying to get something finished, and could he please not come in and out any more. Even as I type, he keeps opening my door and shutting it. He doesn't come in, he just opens and shuts the door.

He is driving me wild.

© Copyright 2008 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/624863-Im-on-my-way-to-the-crazy-house