*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/638665-I-have-an-ulcer
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#638665 added March 3, 2009 at 6:16pm
Restrictions: None
I have an ulcer
Fidál (Grace), 2 ‘Alá (Loftiness), 165 BE – Tuesday, March 3, 2009 about 3:01 PM Pacific Time

I don't suppose having an ulcer is anything to brag about, but at least now I know what the problem is and focus on something else. I didn't realize what the problem was until I got to talking to a friend and then to my doctor. My doctor confirmed the ulcer. My doctor also suggested I avoid the foods that set it off.

The only problem is that the foods I eat don't set the ulcer off. Other things cause it to act up. I have found that eating breakfast helps avoid ulcer pain. I have also found that saying the Long Healing Prayer when I am having an ulcer episode helps calm it down quickly.

I can no longer get upset at other drivers in traffic or at the slowness of the traffic lights. I have to calm down and smile instead of getting irradiated at the other drivers. Fortunately, I know the remover of difficulties by heart, so that helps calm me down.

Writing helps me refocus my emotions as well. The only problem is that it's difficult to write and drive at the same time. I'm not saying it is impossible, since I've never tried writing and driving at the same time I'm not sure whether it's impossible or not. I have not intention to attempt writing and driving at the same time. True, the stoplights in Las Vegas are long enough for a person to make a short journal entry.


© Copyright 2009 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/638665-I-have-an-ulcer