*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/639004-Ive-been-a-little-behind-the-weather
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
Life, Adventure, Family, Writing what else is there? Random thoughts.
#639004 added March 5, 2009 at 6:59pm
Restrictions: None
I've been a little behind the weather...
I hate to say it, Sweeties, but I've been a little behind the weather as of late. I've been suffering from a sore throat and I simply haven't had much to say as far as blogging goes. I've been busy judging contests, working on my own writing, and going to the gym.

JOSEPH
Well, last week we met with all of Joe's therapists and I think we're pretty much all agreed - he has SI Dysfunction. The diagnose is not official because only a doctor can really do that, but we know it's not Autism and something has/was been interfering with his development. Now that we know what it is, we can tailor our interaction to facilitate his learning. The good news is that he's closed severe gaps down to mild ones. He's talking now and expanding his vocubulary every day. We've got him on a sensory diet to help with his sensory imput.

What is SI Dysfuction? Well, it can present in Autism, but in Joe, it is presenting by itself with speech/cognitive delays, delays that were once severe but are now mild. It is a dysfuction, not a disease, so it can't be cured, but it can be managed. SI Dysfuction is where the body receives sensory imput normally, but misinterupts it. In Joe's case, he's always "hyper" - always seeking imput. It's more vesitbular and prioprioceptive, and there are some taste issues as well. I got a great book called, "Raising a Sensory Smart Child," and I'll be blogging more about Joe's condition as time permits.

WRITING

Well, I've been judging a bunch of contests, and I had to prepare two newsletters and that took up a bunch of my time. I am working on two WIP's - if you get a chance, pop in and check out the latest chapters. I really appreciate feedback and if you read them, I'll give out merit badges for reading. *Smile*

The Hungarian  (13+)
This is the novel inspired by my short story, "The Wolf's Kiss."
#1312489 by StephBee


 Twilight Over Moldavia  (18+)
Prince Stefan has been cursed to become a werewolf!
#1306191 by StephBee


I also wanted to share this Product Review on my novel, "The Wolf's Torment." I was tickled pink to receive it!!

The Wolf's Torment   (Rated: 18+)
ASIN: 0595417337
ID #109870
Product Type: Book
Reviewer: Stephanie Grace
Review Rated: 18+
  Setting:
  Story Plot:
  Length of :
  Overall Quality:
Amazon's Price: $ 77.10


READING

I'm still reading THE OTHER BOLYEN GIRL and I'm on page 413 out of 600+. I'm really enjoying the book. It's about Henry VIII and his relationship with Anne Boleyn and it's told in the first person by Anne's sister, Mary in the first person. If you enjoy historical fiction, you'll really enjoy this book. There was a movie based on the book last year, but the book is MUCH BETTER than the movie.

I also just finished reading "THE WICKED GAMES OF A GENTLEMAN" by Jillian Hunter. The book takes place in Regency England and it was a quick nice, romantic read. I give it a good recommendation.

DVD
During my sickness, I was able to watch a couple of DVD's: Wanted, Nights in Rodanthe, XFiles 2 and Religulious. My favorite was Nights in Rodanthe. I thought it was a great book - a really smart romance.

I'm off to work on my OFFICIAL newsletter. If you get a chance, I'd love to see you sign up. It has features on Genre writing, News from the Publishing World, and writing tips - this month is the importance of Research. If you get a chance, pop on over to my website and scroll down to the bottom. File out the form and send it in.

Also, I'm hosting a NEW Monthly official contest where I give out Gift Certificates to Amazon. Check out THE FICTION CAFE on my official website to enter.

Here's a link: http://sgcardin.tripod.com

Hope to see you around.

PS... I'm also a raffle here on WDC to support some of my WDC Contests, BEST OF THE REST and SHOW OFF YOUR BEST. Pop into the raffle and check it out. There are great prizes and you're gps are helping to support two long standing contests in the WDC Community.

 
FORUM
Steph Bee's Honey Pit   (E)
JUNE 2024 - hang out with fellow Bees and enjoy the Honey. NEW challenge is OUT!
#1474097 by StephBee


*Bigsmile*
Steph




© Copyright 2009 StephBee (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/639004-Ive-been-a-little-behind-the-weather