*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/639768-Spirograph-George-and-LBHG
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#639768 added March 10, 2009 at 4:21pm
Restrictions: None
Spirograph, George, and LBHG
Playtime
Remember Spirograph? Here's the online version:

http://wannabe.guru.org/lynn/apps/

I've had a big time sitting here at my job playing with it. Yep - the tax dollars of Mississippi at work.

My behind-the-times moment of the week
I have just discovered George Carlin.

I've known who he WAS my whole life, and I've seen him on TV a couple of times. Friday I got off work a little early and went to the bookstore, and one of the things I picked up was . . . well, I'm ashamed to say I don't remember the name of it, but it contained a lot of what he said. I kept embarassing myself by laughing out loud - I was wondering how I missed out on this over the years.

I Googled George Carlin, and here are some of his quotes.

I am completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

"I am" is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. Could it be that "I do" is the longest sentence?

I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it.

I think people should be allowed to do anything they want. We haven't tried that for a while. Maybe this time it'll work.

Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough money not to quit.

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.

One can never know for sure what a deserted area looks like.

The reason I talk to myself is that I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

When someone is impatient and says, "I haven't got all day," I always wonder, How can that be? How can you not have all day?

When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat.

It's never just a game when you're winning.


Politically Incorrect
I am about to complain about a student at work.

Some of our children aren't really what you would call bad, they just have issues. They're very annoying, but you can see by the vacant look in their eyes that they can't help it. There is one girl in first grade who comes to the library with her class on Tuesday afternoons. Since I see every child in the whole school every week, I can't remember their names, so my assistant and I have christened this child Little Big-Head Girl, because . . . well, that's exactly what she is. Every week when she comes to me for library, I am thankful that my personal children are normal.

I'm sure parents would be irate if they knew some of the things teachers at their childrens' schools said about them, because we certainly do talk about them, especially the naughty ones. We can't help it! It gets it out of our systems.

As my assistant says, there's nothing wrong with them a good butt-whooping wouldn't cure.

© Copyright 2009 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/639768-Spirograph-George-and-LBHG