*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/651385-discussions
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Shyly
Rated: 13+ · Book · Romance/Love · #1563702
child's play is overrated
#651385 added May 24, 2009 at 4:40am
Restrictions: None
discussions
“So are you with Jamal now?”


         “Can we not talk about this?”


         “Am just saying, you did have sex with the guy right in your best friend’s house, especially after he told your dumb ass not to”


         “Caro…”


         “It’s not no Caro, your mom won’t tell you but I will, you can sit in your room all you want, cry till blood come out your eyes and it still won’t change what you did. You acted like a f***ing ass, you know I don’t sugarcoat shit, am’ma tell you like it is.”


         “I know, am so happy to have friends like you” Dona said dryly, Caro just rolled herself off the bed and dragged Donatella out along with her.


         “Dona you’re 23 yrs old, you’re on your junior year, you have one year left, can you use that one year to act your age?  Can you take responsibility for your own actions, just this once so you won’t lose the best thing in your life?  Can you do that…?” Caro looked at her friend, Dona’s throat dried up.


         “My mom…”


         “This is not about your mom, your mom is a grown woman and you use her as your excuse to keep acting the spoiled child.  Your mother has moved on Dona, you know that, I know that, everyone that knows your mom knows that. Donatella look at me, my family is f***ing rich!  Yet I moved out of the house when I was twenty, I supported myself, no help from my family, am 24 yrs old Dona, and am damn proud of myself, be proud of yourself too…act your age”  Caro added harshly and walked out banging the door behind her.





Mrs. Lawrence sat down watching TV, not that she knew a single thing being said, she had some Spanish show on, if you asked her to explain to you what was happening she’d tell you too as if she knew what was going.  She saw her son about to go out, for the past couple of days that was all he’d done, he usually stayed on campus, occasionally coming home to visit, but after the thing with Dona, he’d tried to stay as far away from her as possible.  They went to the same college and chances of running into each other were rather great since they happened to have almost the same classes.  They even lived on the same building, same floor. 


         “Shane…?” She called, he looked at her with tired eyes, she tapped the seat next to her, he signed and came.  Shane was possibly the nicest of her kids, Jamal was flamboyant, not that he wasn’t nice, he just wasn’t ‘as’ nice…


         “Are yuh okay” she touched his hair, holding his big hands in hers.


         “Yea…” he smiled lightly, “I know you noticed me going in and out of the place with my stuff…” She nodded, “I got an apartment…” he looked at her under his eyes trying to see her to see her expression…she didn’t say anything, just waited.


         “I just think I need my space right now, I just, I don’t know…”


         “It’s okay, mi understand” she patted his hand in reassurement.  He breathed in deeply, “so mi guess yuh’re still not talking to Dona?”


         “Ma…” he began running his hand into his thick dark hair.


         “For the past weeks I have let yuh go, haven’t said a single ting, I kya, so let me be a mother will yuh?  I just want to see yuh happy”  she had been living in America since she was 17, which was when she had gotten married, she was now 46.


         “I know ma…”


         “And yuh’re not happy; don’t cut yuhrself off from her because of this tiny little ting…”


         “But you don’t understand ma, it’s not a tiny little thing…”


         “It’s tiny” she snapped, “You have been friend for far too long for you to throw it away for this tiny, insignificant little thing, is this the first time she dun kissed someone?”


         “No, but…” she hadn’t just kissed him.


         “But what?  They weren’t yuhr brother? If yuh’re just friends with Donatella, as yuh say, then this shouldn’t bother yuh…nuh true?” he was quiet,  She signed, putting a hand to his chest “Tell what’s in yuhr heart…” he gave her a surprised look and she just smiled getting up and living.  He touched his chest; his heart was beaten fast…


© Copyright 2009 Shyly (UN: djoulde at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Shyly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/651385-discussions