*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/651389-time-dont-change-me
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Shyly
Rated: 13+ · Book · Romance/Love · #1563702
child's play is overrated
#651389 added May 24, 2009 at 4:44am
Restrictions: None
time dont change me
Every body had gone to bed, it most have been 1 in the morning when she got up to go get a cup of milk, her nightly habit which she could never break herself out of.  She sat down in the kitchen, light turned on, her eyes closed, then she heard footsteps, she opened her eyes to see Shane.


         “I thought you might, I see you haven’t changed” he stared at her


         “More than you’ll know” she nodded at him.


         “So, VA huh?” she shrugged


         “Engaged huh?” She asked, he said nothing.  She looked away and bit her lips.


         “Nervous?”


         “About what?”


         “You’re biting your lips…”


         “Stop acting like you know me…”


         “I know you more than I want to” he said quietly, he came towards her, looking down at her, he touched her face…


         “Shane…” he put a finger to her lips, she searched his eyes, wondering what he was doing, why he was doing this…he leaned down, knowing she should have pushed away but she didn’t.  He touched his lips to hers, softly, just passing it back and forth over hers.


         “I don’t want to have to wonder every time I see you what kissing you would feel like, I don’t want to keep asking myself what being you with you would be like, am bout to get married Dona, not now, but not long either.  I can’t get married with doubt in my mind…”


         “I won’t sleep with you” she looked down, “Am sorry, I never brought anything to our friendship, but I will not make it dirty by sleeping with you just to satisfy your curiosity, am better than that Shane, and the fact that you’ll even say this to me…” she chocked out, she looked up at him, tears stinging her eyes, got up and right across his face, she slapped him, a sound that echoed in the quiet place.


         “For the past months you have made me feel bad about myself, I will not let you put me through that again, am sorry about what happened with your brother, I can’t say it enough, I can’t apologize enough...” she tried to get past him…he grabbed her, pushed her to the wall and his mouth descended upon hers, hot and wanting…She wanted to pull away, but it felt so right.  It felt right to be in his arm, it felt right to be held by him, they fit…as if made for each other.


As he ravaged her mouth she wrapped her hand around his neck, he pulled her up to him, she wrapped her legs around him…neither thought about all those years they considered each other just friends, just this moment...


She ran her fingers through his hair, he kissed her neck, giving her love bites, as her hand laced through his, her body slipping down his, both rings on their finger clicked, such a small thing…They stilled, hands held down together, they stared down at their linked fingers, she looked up at him, eyes searching…


         “You’re engaged…?” he chocked out as his fingers left hers, she didn’t say anything for a while, just gave him a sad smile, she leaned her head on the wall as she rubbed her now tired eyes.  She licked her dry lips, tried to say something, but didn’t know what to say…


         “You really haven’t changed much” he smiled bitterly and sat down.


         “Maybe, if it makes things easier…” she touched his heart, then took his hand and brought it to her beaten one, “but I don’t wanna make it easy for you,  you see unlike you, I can’t just rip the memory of everything we once were to each other away from my mind, you will always be here, I…I just realized it too late and now…now…you have Suze” She let his hand go and walked away, back to the guest room.


© Copyright 2009 Shyly (UN: djoulde at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Shyly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/651389-time-dont-change-me