*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/651500-Am-I-weird-to-be-mad-about-this
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#651500 added May 25, 2009 at 12:26am
Restrictions: None
Am I weird to be mad about this?
I just went to the store after church. We got home at 9:00 tonight, after which I left to go to the store. I don't do this very often. I have to cook for Ladies' NIght on Tuesday night, and I didn't want to spend my Memorial Day at the grocery store with everybody else in town, so I went ahead and got it over with.

I tried to call Sam to let him know I was on my way home, shortly after 10. He didn't answer. I tried again - still no answer. When I got home, he had laid his phone in another part of the house, plus the ringer was still off from church.

He couldn't understand why my feelings were hurt. I explained to him that I may have had a flat tire, plus when he's gone, especially late at night, I make it my business to have my phone nearby so I can catch his call. He barked at me, "I SAID I was sorry," and I could tell that was supposed to be the end of the matter. I just shut up - he was never going to be able to see my point, no matter how much I talked.

So, I think I will just go to bed and be through with this day. I hate feeling this way. I don't want to be mad about this, but I can't just snap my fingers and have the anger go away. So, I will just keep my mouth shut, take a Benadryl which I don't need except to help me go to sleep, and get in bed.

© Copyright 2009 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/651500-Am-I-weird-to-be-mad-about-this