*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/653609
Rated: 13+ · Book · Supernatural · #1569031
Growing up magickal, as told to me by my grandmother- Ethel Mae Wolcott
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#653609 added July 16, 2009 at 12:23pm
Restrictions: None
Believe
Do you believe in magick? Not the hyped up Hollywood glitz and glam magick, but real magick conjured by the hand of a real witch. I believe, I am witch. My name is Ethel Mae Wolcott, and I belong to a long lineage of real practicing witches. There are many of our kind living amongst you cowans, oh yeah, that means you ordinary non-magickal beings. We witches come in many different sizes, shapes and colors. We tread lightly upon our sacred mother living our magickal lives each and every day. "An ye harm none, do what ye will". That is the one golden rule we witches live and breathe by. We do what we want as long as it harms not one single man, woman or beast. Yes I know you were wondering if we have powers, don't be silly of course we do. The power to make positive change within ourselves as well as those around us, not the power you may see in the movies or on TV. That would be a sight to see, us running around and blowing things up with the wave of a hand or turning people into toads. Honey, at my age I truly wish those glamorized powers did exist so I can turn myself back into that young, drop dead gorgeous nineteen year old I once was many a moons ago. Now that would be fun!

When I was four years old something very peculiar happened and my magickal life began. My mother, who incidentally did not believe, took me shopping with her one day. As we were casually strolling through the store I saw this dolly on the shelf. I just had to have it. I pulled the dolly off the shelf and gave her a hug, I even named her Juney. My mother took the dolly away from me without even thinking about it and put it back on the shelf. I was to say the least, devastated. I wanted Juney, and was going to get her. Without even knowing, I was four remember?, I sent out some personal power that nearly knocked my mother off her feet. I showed her my deep down need of needing a friend, a playmate, and Juney was the one. Mother thought it very odd that all she could think about was Juney. As we drove home, mother kept glancing at me in the rear view mirror and I would just smile like there was no tomorrow. I knew that Juney and I would be reunited very soon.

The next day my cousin Kaili was babysitting me while mother was working. It was the longest day of my four year old life, because I knew deep down something spectacular was about to happen. It was 5:30pm, mother was pulling in the drive. As mother came through the door she seemed so happy and was humming a tune. Mother walked straight over to me with her hands behind her back and told me to close my eyes, I closed my eyes in anticipation. Mother handed me a box and told me to open my eyes. "Its Juney", mother said, "but I'm not sure how I know her name already".

As I got a little older I realized that I should not use the power for personal gain, that could turn into an ugly beast alone. As I look back upon that day, I realized I was someone very special. I proved myself right.
© Copyright 2009 dark one (UN: john1972 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
dark one has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/653609