*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/660680-My-Morning---im-telling-the-truth
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1578384
You never know what you'll find - humor, ramblings, rants, randomness- it's all me!
#660680 added July 24, 2009 at 2:11pm
Restrictions: None
My Morning - i'm telling the truth!
Okay, so i was being responsible (yes, even hard for me to believe) and taking my car into my friend, Jose's, shop because the gauges weren't working. Now Jose's shop is in a part of the city that is well lets just say I was a minority and probably the only one without a weapon. But it's no matter to me, because Jose always gives me a great price and i figure people are just people whereever you go.

SO, first i get stuck in a traffic jam for 30 minutes. But it's ok because there is good music on the radio. But when i get to Jose's, Jose is not there. Shouldn't be a problem, right? Cause lots of other mechanics are there. Well, the thing is none of them speak English. They only speak Spanish. And i didn't really retain a lot from my spanish classes. I begin talking with my hands, because i assume it's a universal language. and they're talking back - in spanish. At one point i thought they called me a whore - but then i realized they said horas which i believe is hours - or i'm pretending it is anyway. so i think they are telling me cuatro (4) horas -- well, i didn't really want to wait somewhere where they may be calling me a whore for 4 hours. so i decided i'll call later and talk to jose.

Well, then i get lost in this part of town. And I now realize when they have those signs that say "road closed" it's not just a possibility, it's pretty much a given. As i'm driving a see some ladies on the street and they looked nice so i thought i'd see if they could give me directions to the highway. I rolled down my window and one comes over and says "No senoritas." I just smile and nod and start doing my hand motions again that i think clearly tell her i need help going to the highway. "No quiero amigas" (or something like that ) Then God shoots me a lightning bolt and i realize they are hookers. so i just give her a thumbs up and head on my way.

45 minutes later i found it back on the highway and started for home sweet home. Just then, jose calls me telling me to come back he will get me in sooner than 4 hours. I had to turn poor jose down. I said i had an appointment with a latte and a hot bath.

See ya!

audra

© Copyright 2009 audra_branson (UN: abranson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
audra_branson has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/660680-My-Morning---im-telling-the-truth