*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/669407-West
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest · #1600765
My writings from the 15 for 15 contest.
#669407 added September 26, 2009 at 9:42pm
Restrictions: None
West
“She’s not half bad,” Bill said out of the corner of his mouth.

He was right. The newspaper photographer was hot. “That’s for sure.”

Bill pulled the cigar from his lips and tossed it to the ground. He twisted the end of his mustache, making it curl even more at his cheeks, as if he were about to make a move on the woman fidgeting with her camera strap. Ron couldn’t believe it, that Bill would be so bold, even dressed as he was, not to mention the obvious age gap between the pair.

“Wish me luck,” Bill whispered. He strolled toward her filled with a confidence Ron couldn’t remember ever seeing in his long time friend. His jaw fell in disbelief, the cigar tumbling out of his mouth, the hot embers making him winch as they burned his flesh.

Ron watched as they pair exchanged words, and then Bill walked away shaking his head.

The redhead smiled at him, gathered the rest of her gear and moved towards him.

His thoughts raced as he searched for something to say. “Too old?” Ron cracked.

She awarded him with a bright smile as she stood in front of him. “Age is only a number.”

He chuckled, couldn’t help himself. “Hmm, must be the mustache.”

She leaned in, the flowery scent of her perfume assaulting him from head to toe. “Nah, I only go for guys with crooked chaps.”

Mortified, Ron turned and fled, the butt of the rifle dragging across the grass at his side, her taunting laughter trailing behind him.


** Image ID #1591886 Unavailable **
© Copyright 2009 Purple Princess (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple Princess has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/669407-West