*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/669673-Tiger
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest · #1600765
My writings from the 15 for 15 contest.
#669673 added September 28, 2009 at 9:37pm
Restrictions: None
Tiger
From this distance, the camera loved the wild beast that frolicked in the stream. Jason had carefully selected this spot across the inviting bed of water, waiting for hours to capture something spectacular, and it looked like he finally got his reward. As he zoomed in, he couldn’t help but smile. These shots could easily grace the cover of National Geographic, his ultimate goal. All her needed was a few more of the dynamic shots and he’d be set and ready to move on.

As he leaned forward, his elbow on the armrest, settling in for a few more quick snaps, Jason’s elbow slipped. He cursed, the camera’s telephoto lens hitting the metal of the door with a loud clatter. He looked up in time to see that the Tiger had spotted him. His eyes widened and his breath caught as he recognized the look in the animal’s eyes.

Jason scrambled back to the driver’s seat, fumbling to crank the ignition and bring the Jeep to life, the panic that took over at that very moment pushed all rational thoughts out of his mind. Turning back to the stream, mesmerized by the intensity and determination of the tiger as it sliced through the water at a swift pace, his eyes focused only on Jason, as if nothing else existed.

“Damn,” he muttered, the engine caught and roared to life.

Jason thrust the shifter into gear, the tires spinning as the truck took off out of harm’s way, letting him breathe a sigh of relief.


** Image ID #1591886 Unavailable **
© Copyright 2009 Purple Princess (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple Princess has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/669673-Tiger