*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/670103-Air
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest · #1600765
My writings from the 15 for 15 contest.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#670103 added October 2, 2009 at 7:57am
Restrictions: None
Air
It was brilliant. They moved across the stage with grace and elegance, each step controlled. The audience remained silent, caught up in the splendor of the performance on stage. Their very presence mesmerized every person that filled the rows of chair.

She sat in her reserved seat, a flattering black gown covering every inch of her body, her back straight, delicate hands folded in her lap and her eyes glued to the dancers. Everyone recognized her, but no one really made eye contact when the people came into the theater. Watching her had become a habit. Seeing her in this light was a hard pill to swallow.
As the female dancer flies through the air, like a bird in flight from one male to the next, her hands turn white. Her eyes are wide and then one tear escapes from her eye, slowly making its way down her cheek. She doesn’t even notice it, too caught up in the dance, in what was, in what will never be again.

The dance ends, the dancers taking a bow before the curtain closes. As the theater is flooded with lights, her head lowers the sorrow evident in that miniscule movement.

“Are you ready, Katherine?”

She nods, hiding her face. Her hands move down the side of her chair, release the brake and turn the wheelchair facing the entrance. The once famous dancer sucks in a steadying breath.

“Can we see it again tomorrow?”She asks.


** Image ID #1591886 Unavailable **
© Copyright 2009 Purple Princess (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple Princess has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/670103-Air