*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/685892-If-Nothing-Happened
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1631466
"Still defying fortune's spite; revive from ashes and rise."
#685892 added February 2, 2010 at 12:00am
Restrictions: None
If Nothing Happened
((The Music))
Went with the Dayquil flu commercial tune today. It's pretty upbeat and lively song. I'm not quite there, but it always pays to dream. If you wanted to know the song is played by a band called PaperDoll. Check out their album Ballad Nerd Pop.

((The Life))
My night last night was not the finest I've had. Some misunderstandings led to some crazy emotional things, which ended in a six o'clock call this morning to straighten things back to normal. I'm working on a theory that people in relationships, all kinds of relationships, depending on the depth, will misconstrue things in their minds about every three to five months to change the atmosphere. Like hitting the reset button. Luckily, nothing has ever drastically happened. In the relationship I speak of, the need for the change is like working more grain into your diet than say buying a sports car you can't afford. A little change does the body good just as long as the change doesn't last more than about six hours.

There are times when I feel that I've left my mind somewhere. I heard the quote "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." It isn't so much that I've lost my mind; it just won't shut up. My mind is constantly working on multiple things at all hours. This is part of the reason why my sleep cycle sucks. I can't get the damn thing to calm down for five minutes. Take my story ideas for example. I'm working on three big ones right now. Not one. Not two. Three. And the more I pay attention to one of them, the more the others fight for my attention. This is also another reason (besides the fact I think it is karmic death trap) why I could never cheat. It would literally drive me insane.

My big plan to deal with this is to write my story ideas hear. Like a mental dumping ground. I don't want to mix them up, and they are extremely long-winded to explain to actual live human beings. If I can type it out to unsuspecting individuals who read this blog, maybe I can work out any story plot problems or annoying character traits. You poor things. Run while you can.

One thing that has helped me get through the mind jumble is watching a show called The Unusuals. Freaking awesome show. I think I busted a kidney a few hours ago laughing. Has some of my favorite actors. The dialogue works well. The characters are nutty. My kind of television. Of course ABC canceled it. They always cancel my shows. This is the reason I gave up on television for a long time.

Well, I'm off to cook dinner. The Moroccan Harira was a huge hit. I love that soup to death now. A little labor intensive, but definitely worth the effort. Enjoy your evening everyone. *Smile*


© Copyright 2010 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/685892-If-Nothing-Happened