*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/686106-Pretty-Wings
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1631466
"Still defying fortune's spite; revive from ashes and rise."
#686106 added February 2, 2010 at 12:02am
Restrictions: None
Pretty Wings
((The Music))
This is probably my favorite song of Maxwell's new album, Blacksummer'snight although the whole thing is pretty awesome. There's something about the way the song flows that brings you along for a ride.utter smoothness. As weird as this may sound, the song reminds me of spring afternoons walking around downtown San Francisco. Brings me back to that time and place when things were so new and different. I've lived a lot of places. The Bay Area was one of my favorites.

((The Life))
I'm currently drinking an extremely strong cup of coffee, preparing for my heavy week of school. Two new classes started for me today. I can tell by my online orientation that one of my professors is going to give me ulcers. He's the anal-retentive type who thinks all of his students are idiots, and the only reason he's working the community college gig is because his doctoral thesis is misunderstood. My other professor sounds like an really enthusiastic person interested in her field. Which means there's a lot of work, but also a lot of interaction that will make the semester move smoother. Nice balance really.

My other new class starts tomorrow. My first lab course in college. My looking forward to it. The Anthropology professors always have skulls in their offices. I think we'll be handling the fake ones in class to learn about biological changes throughout the thousands of years of our history as human beings. Could get a little crazy folks, lol.

My first test is tomorrow. Mathematics. My kryptonite. My professor is pretty cool guy who walks through each step and will work out problems with all the students. He'll work over the same problem again and again to get it right. Probably one of the most laid back guys. The funny part I heard from other though is that the higher up in Math you get with him as your professor, the less laid back he gets. He likes us math losers best. Hooray for those who suck at Math! But to be serious, I think I might actually learn more this semester than previous ones. I'm just hoping not to blow my GPA all to hell.

The only drawback to all of this is that full-time student means full-time. I'm only going twice of week to class, but the work has me working all the time. Except my head isn't quite there yet. There's a mindset I get when I start classes. Something in my brain just clicks on. That hasn't quite happened yet. The feeling I have now is close to feeling like a first time swimmer stuck out in the middle of a pool without floaters. It'll have to click as some point. My "don't give a damn" is way too high right now to do well.

I'm not prepared but I'm running head first into it anyways. My mother likes to point out often that that is what I've always done. I haven't failed yet. Who knows, maybe I'll get lucky again. *Wink*

© Copyright 2010 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/686106-Pretty-Wings