*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/687596-A-Visitor-At-My-Door
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1645936
A journey through life, complete with life lessons!
#687596 added February 15, 2010 at 2:52pm
Restrictions: None
A Visitor At My Door.....
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

Because we all share this planet earth,
we have to learn to live in harmony and peace with each other and with nature.
This is not just a dream, but a necessity.

~Dalai Lama

It was last week, I had this visitor at my door. One of the Creator's children... a mountain lion coming to visit this sacred ground. A surprise for me, to open my door and find him/or her staring at me through the storm door, for that was the only thing that separated us. I could have been breakfast that morning. It wouldn't have taken much for this one to lunge forward through that door, but it just looked at me. Oddly, it did not seem surprised by me, as I was. My mind was quickly processing thoughts. "What do I do?!"..."I wish I had a camera..oh wait, I have my phone in my hand!...Quick! Take a picture!" Slowly raising my phone...Click! And I very slowly closed the door. "Whew!" I thought...but the thought again of how this animal...this creature of the wild...my brother/or sister could have very easily devoured me. I waited...for what was the rush?! *Laugh* After about a half hour, I decided to take a peek out by opening the door slowly. I didn't call the police, nor any animal control. They only would have shot it. It was obvious that this creature of Wakan Tanka meant no harm.

Our Creator, created a world of harmony. A world that is very much interconnected. All of life should be honored and respected, for all are sacred.

If you are ever out in the wilderness...perhaps on a hiking trail, or down near a flowing river or stream, pick up a stone and you will see there is a face in every stone. Some are happy...some show their age. The Earth and all it's inhabitants are very much alive. Show honor and respect as you walk on Mother Earth. This is my thought this day!
Wishing you peace in your moments given.

My 'Gift' Of Song For You This Day~
*Bullet* [Embed For Use By Upgraded+]

© Copyright 2010 SummerLyn Guthrie (UN: summerlyn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SummerLyn Guthrie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/687596-A-Visitor-At-My-Door