*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/691196-What-are-friends-for
by Dee
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1657895
Just got the best surprise in a long time...from an anonymous person.
#691196 added March 24, 2010 at 3:45am
Restrictions: None
What are friends for?
It’s not yet 11 a.m and I’ve already been late for two classes. Good thing though, I don’t have any more classes so I have some time to get my act in order. I would have preferred it if they told me yesterday that I don’t have classes from 10.00, that way I would have made plans to make some plans. A movie will probably keep me busy till lunchtime but to tell you the truth am not in the mood, I just want to go swimming but its really cold so am stuck in my room with nothing to do, no where to go and no one to talk to. Of my two best mates, Nate has classes till afternoon while Angela is off for a date with some guy.
Did I tell you I wore a dress yesterday- if 3min counts- but hey, every journey starts with the first step. Haven’t worn one in a long time…at least not since I got confirmed. Not that I have anything against dresses, most people would say am a tom boy in my defense growing around lots and lots of dudes does that to you. Anyway am trying to get my groove back and who else better to help me but my two very dedicated mates.
Sometimes I think am too much for them to handle but they’ve stuck with me this far so I guess it’s up to me to not let them down. That’s just the thing with friends, they are always there for you, taking each step with you and when you think you’ve messed up really bad, they show you that all is not lost. They help you pick the pieces and hold your hand as you fix each piece back. After all what are friends for?

© Copyright 2010 Dee (UN: teniola at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dee has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/691196-What-are-friends-for