*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/692512-Is-THAT-Your-FINAL-Answerrrr
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1645936
A journey through life, complete with life lessons!
#692512 added April 6, 2010 at 11:44pm
Restrictions: None
Is THAT Your FINAL Answerrrr?!......
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

Others have seen what is and asked why.
I have seen what could be and asked why not.

~ Pablo Picasso (Pablo Picasso: Metamorphoses of the Human Form : Graphic Works, 1895-1972)

This quote chosen this night, reminds me of my first year in college. When I say my first year was just a waste, it was! I remember I took a Psychology course, during that first year anyway, My major was English...Psychology minor. Oh mannn...what a first year of college! HA! I'm laughing because as I look back...it was a joke. I really should have been more serious instead of those parties and dates.*Rolleyes* Anywayyyy...I remember it was coming to mid-terms. I hadn't shown up for this psychology class for, just about the entire semester...(perhaps making it four times, if that!). As I walked into the class...knowing I had a mid-term test coming at me. I resigned myself to just accept the fact that I was going to fail that course for that semester. The teacher handed me and the others, as we walked in, our tests and told us to take a seat and begin the test immediately. As I approached him, he said, "Ohhh...look who's here? Glad you could make it...Do you think you can pass this test?" I said with somewhat embarrassment, "I'm gonna try!" He turned and said, "Have a seat...and I'll tell you what...if you can pass this test, I will pass you for the entire year, how about that?" Well...In my mind, I knew that wasn't going to be happening, but well..looking for a seat, I took the first one available. It didn't matter to me where I sat...I wasn't planning on cheating, and I was convinced there was no getting around this failure of a grade. As I nestled in, and got my pen out, I took a look at the test. It held one question..."Why?"...I thought for a moment and said to myself, "Why Not?!" I decided to make that my "final" answer and just go for it. It took me, not even a minute to finish the test...the professor was shocked I got finished so fast, whereby everyone else in the room was sitting there sweating bullets, and struggling to find an answer..perhaps wondering if they missed something in their texts there that they studied from. The way I figured it...I had nothing to lose. I handed him my paper and proceeded to walk past him, when I heard..."Just a minute, Miss Guthrie..." Oops! I thought...here comes the hammer. "Is this your answer?" I sort of laughed and said..."Well...it's the first one that came to mind." He marked the paper and handed it back to me. An "A"! Whooo-hoo! Wasn't I the brave one..? Wasn't I just bold? And wasn't I just free not to step foot in that class room again because he promised me a passing grade for the entire year. It was after that, I decided to pay more attention, and hang out in class. I actually learned a lot from that day on. I ended up switching my major to my minor and minor to my major that year!

My 'Gift' Of Song For You This Night~
*Bullet* [Embed For Use By Upgraded+]

© Copyright 2010 SummerLyn Guthrie (UN: summerlyn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SummerLyn Guthrie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/692512-Is-THAT-Your-FINAL-Answerrrr