*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/693014-Prologue
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Book · Action/Adventure · #1664080
The adventures of a young man on Coralla, a recently discovered planet in the Leo Galaxy.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#693014 added April 12, 2010 at 9:08pm
Restrictions: None
Prologue
The planet Coralla was discovered in the 2119. It is located in the Leo Galaxy, Section 2.


The planet is mostly water, with only one small continent that is barely bigger than Earth's Australia, and is shaped similarly. The continent is surrounded by several tiny islands, each one barely big enough to support a single village of one hundred citizens. The planet was originally thought to be a place to send the Gifted when facilities on Earth's, or any other colonized planet's, ran out of room.


The residents organized themselves, first by Gift, and then into different classes and castes. Warring families established the Five Kingdoms of Coralla, based on the Gifts of their people: Spirit, Earth, Air, Fire, and Water. They discovered that Coralla had many precious and semi-precious gems and metals.


Most of the mines are found, typically, in the Earth Kingdom, the largest of the five, and that is what the kingdom became famous for. The Water Kingdom became famous for its many ports, and the many varieties of seafood that come with living close to the water. Air Kingdom became famous for the many different species of bird that lived in the mountains of the citizens' home. Fire Kingdom became famous for their warriors, and the species of lizards that live in their fiery home, mostly snakes. Spirit Kingdom became famous for their priests and the temples that line their streets.


In time, the kingdoms separated out, becoming much less dependent on each other than when they first started out. Even when the planet's stranger inhabitants woke from caves both above and beneath the sea, they eventually stopped banding together, even for their own safety.
© Copyright 2010 Eclipse (UN: eclipse1993 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Eclipse has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/693014-Prologue