*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/693702-You-never-know-when-to-stopdo-you
by Dee
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1657895
Just got the best surprise in a long time...from an anonymous person.
#693702 added April 20, 2010 at 6:32am
Restrictions: None
You never know when to stop...do you?
Times like these are when it is embarrassing to be a campus student. A few weeks ago a female student was beaten during a black out all because she went to campaign in some one’s turf. Politics influence many of the things and people around us so even if I am not a fan; it pays to know what is going on. Political temperatures are running high and I pray that things do not become any worse than they already are. Forgive me for thinking that people who are in university are mature people, who are not shaken by petty things and who can do better than beat up someone because of his or her view. Yesterday another candidate was booed down in class because of being courageous enough to go against popular belief. Every one is entitled to their opinion and even if you disagree there are better ways of expressing your self than getting personal in an attempt to hurt someone. The person got hurt alright and I can imagine what he must be going through right now. This is why I have put my foot down and said that if someone can not see there is something wrong with this system we so love to follow then I will be the voice that speaks out against these injustices. True some of these people have made mistakes in the past but haven’t we all? Who then feels they are justified enough to deny another person the chance to speak and be heard. Campus politics did not start today and it will not end tomorrow. When our four years come to an end, we will all go out into the world and you never know who you’ll run into. A wise man knows when to speak and when to keep quiet. Be careful how you treat those around you, they might hold the key to your destiny, you never know...

© Copyright 2010 Dee (UN: teniola at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dee has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/693702-You-never-know-when-to-stopdo-you