*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/695893-Are-You-Living-The-American-Dream-Yet
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1645936
A journey through life, complete with life lessons!
#695893 added May 11, 2010 at 10:43pm
Restrictions: None
Are You Living The American Dream Yet?!....
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

Tell me...What is the 'American Dream'?
Is it something that you only dream of from a magazine ad
you have seen?


Life called me off, and of course, I had to answer the call! I'm back for now though. Sometimes I am forced to participate in life. I know it may sound funny to some of you, but in truth, I sometimes step back and just become the 'witness' so to speak, or a viewer, just watching, like I were watching a movie. This is how I choose to 'live' these days. I don't get upset much these days. I have learned to listen quite well, and just observe. I have found 'peace' in this way.
When I look out there and look back through time, I see we, as a society, really haven't evolved too much. There is much irony and too many Hippocrates. Take America, for instance. You have those who originally came over escaping from religious persecution, and yet forcing others to believe as they do. You have people today, who have come here to what you call America and in getting comfortable, they attempt to tell those others who were born here in the land of the so-called 'free', that their children shouldn't be allowed to pray in school, and you can't pray at work...heck...perhaps we need to just eliminate praying altogether, eh?! And why is it that I have to believe what you believe? Why can't I believe what I choose to believe?... I hold honor and respect for everyone to allow those who 'believe' in something or even SomeOne, their beliefs. Can we all not allow everyone theirs?
There has become an erosion of 'morals'. You all remember those, don't you? I know those role models that are posted on these sports magazines, and magazines in general, have turned out to be a bunch of cheats, drunks, druggies...need I go on?! Is it no wonder children are killing children..turning to drugs, and have no direction?! There is confusion within the mind of a child. Violence, according to the television, seems to be normal. From my observation, it seems we need a rebuilding. We need to start with a good foundation...Get back to what seems to be missing in the life of so many these days. ...begin there! We need to not start out there, but within. Perhaps a spiritual intervention is needed. We can pray for that...or are we not allowed?*Confused*
Gee...I am back just a few hours and already I am ranting! HA! *Laugh*These are just thoughts shared...nothing more...nothing less. I'm guessing I've been forced to watch too much television these past few days, and the result becomes this.... *Wink*

My 'Gift' Of Song For You This Day~ Love this song!
*Bullet* [Embed For Use By Upgraded+]

© Copyright 2010 SummerLyn Guthrie (UN: summerlyn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SummerLyn Guthrie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/695893-Are-You-Living-The-American-Dream-Yet