*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/698058-Less-Can-Be-More
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1645936
A journey through life, complete with life lessons!
#698058 added June 3, 2010 at 9:34pm
Restrictions: None
Less Can Be More.....
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

We are not rich by what we possess
but by what we can do without.

~Immanuel Kant

Not much time this night...I have to get ready for a photo shoot this evening in Nemo. My day actually started out quite busy. A visit to the doctor was the topper, I suppose. I've been suffering with Heart Palpitations recently...for the past three days, it was ongoing. Still had to work, however, and think it took it's toll on me. Soooo...the doctor ordered an EKG, and a bunch of blood tests to be done for my thyroid...my heart... and prescribed me some high blood pressure medication because it was a bit high when I went in. As you all know, I have had alot on my plate lately and I believe it took its' toll.
And well...it was Tecumseh, If I remember correctly, who raised the question:

Sell a country? Why not sell the air, the great sea, as well as the Earth?
Did not the Great Spirit make them all for the use of his children?


This came to mind this day as I listened to the news updates of the tragedy that continues to go on out in the Gulf of Mexico. So much damage done...so much can never be repaired. Let us Pray, for I don't see this world getting any better...man's greed holds a firm grip. It's like a flu coming on, that will only get worse. *Heart* I also received a call today from dear Laura who was telling me that she got paid today and found that her boss deducted money from her pay. She's been working as a cashier at a local convenience store over in Wyoming there. I guess she had made an error(but she don't know what it is, other than a copy of an EBT receipt she had rung in) and he decided to take the Eighteen Dollars out of her pay. I don't believe they could do that unless it's ordered by the state or by the Federal Government. I told her it was news to me...I mean...what do I knowww...I know Indian Law, but heck if I know White man's law! Go ahead...ask me anything about Treaty Rights!*Rolleyes**Laugh* I gave her the thought that she should really look into investigating that. I don't believe they can actually deduct something like that out of your pay. Anyway...Wishing you peace in your moments...may you always have 'enough'.

My 'Gift' Of Song For You This Day~
*Bullet* [Embed For Use By Upgraded+]

© Copyright 2010 SummerLyn Guthrie (UN: summerlyn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SummerLyn Guthrie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/698058-Less-Can-Be-More