*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/713479-An-epiphany-that-was-wrong
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#713479 added December 12, 2010 at 11:13pm
Restrictions: None
An epiphany that was wrong
Lesson 3: Part 1 – Prosperous Snow


Think of a time when you [or a character in a story] had an epiphany---a moment when you believed, finally and absolutely, that you had the answer to something... but it turned out to be the wrong path and you had to change the circumstances.

1.Write down the events that led to your epiphany, [what you were doing, where you were, etc.]

2.Now write the morning after by describing the moments of doubt and uncertainty that followed your realization of the false epiphany.

*********

I was writing a novel about a group of colonist on planet. The original colonists were from two separate groups. The star systems the colonists were originally from were enemies and stranded on the planet during the war. Once on the planet, the colonist had learned to get along. I started the story several years after the signing of the peace treaty.

The colonist originally stranded on the planet had discovered some artifacts on the planet left over from an earlier civilization. The story started with a woman returning to the planet (she was born there) to investigate the disappearance of an ambassadors son. I started the story off with her returning to the planet, then realized that I had to rewrite the first chapter to indicate the reason why the ambassador’s son and his family disappeared.

The moments or perhaps I should say the months following the realization of this false empathy turned into a complete mess of a novel, which I am still attempting to unravel. I have two complete stories that I have to combine into one novel or split into two novels. I can also make it a novel containing two parts. I have to decide what I am going to do with it or scrap the entire project, which I do not want to do.

This was written in 2009



© Copyright 2010 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/713479-An-epiphany-that-was-wrong