*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/734497-Getting-back-into-the-swing-of-things
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1634630
Brief writing exercises and thoughts on writing. Maybe the occasional personal musing.
#734497 added September 19, 2011 at 8:08pm
Restrictions: None
Getting back into the swing of things
So I started one of the new stories I talked about in Writing Ideas within the World of Magisters. So far, I'm about 800 words into it and I've only introduced two characters. I'm not sure I'm going to be happy with the results, though. So far, Heshan (my main character) seems way too sweet to make it in the colony of barbaric humans and ikati. He may have to toughen up.

Of course, I'm also taking a lot of liberties with the colony. In the end, I might have something very different from what Friedman envisioned, but I guess I'm okay with that. Besides, I'm finding to answer some questions she never really thought about. Like where new consorts for freshly-birthed ikati come from. I mean, someone besides the lone girl who gets to bond with the ikati queen has to help give birth. So that means there must be women who are unbonded in the colony somewhere. Are there men too? That's not as likely. I imagine most men would fight to attempt to bond with the ikati. After all, without an ikati consort, I imagine a man would have no status.

I find I'm enjoying these questions as much as the question about a gay consort. Who knew?

JarredH

Our tears remind us that we are alive. Our laughter reminds us why.

© Copyright 2011 JarredH (UN: seithman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JarredH has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/734497-Getting-back-into-the-swing-of-things