*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/741743-This-ones-about-not-knowing-the-date
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#741743 added December 13, 2011 at 11:42pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about not knowing the date.
Hey everyone...did I not get the memo? Isn't the day after Christmas supposed to be the big, terrifying day where everyone returns the crappy presents they got or swap out their sweatshirts for a larger size cuz granny forgot they turned twelve 20 years ago? Well, you would swear Christmas was yesterday in my store's neighborhood, because every ten minutes from the time I started and got situated (let's say 3pm) until at least 8:30, I was called to do a return/exchange. Mostly normal ones, but two ridiculous ones...

*Bullet* The old lady who returned a star for the top of her tree because, "I put it on, and my tree fell over."

*Bullet* The sisters (and I know they had to be sisters...they looked alike and wore more makeup than, well, every makeup wearing person combined...jars of foundations and creams and blushes galore went into the creation of those faces) who tried returning two bottle of shampoo for two more expensive bottles of shampoo. And of course there was no receipt, so I looked up the products and, of course, we hadn't sold them in at least three months. "Well yeah they wouldn't be in your computer; I didn't get them here. I got them at your other store." Right. Sorry, can't help ya.

Mind you, all of this happened while I'm suffering from a stomach virus. Luckily some ginger ale pretty much took care of that.

I guess my return drama karma from last night caught up with me.

CHRISTMAS MUSICAL BREAK!!

I don't have time nor the will to be funny tonight, but this song is, in an "off-guard" kind of way ("off-guard" as in you most likely have not heard a Christmas song revolving around this kind of subject matter). You've heard this man before, and I had to share another selection from his holiday album: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RdaVxKvurE

It's a live clip, with some unintelligible banter at the beginning you'll have to bear with (or maybe my laptop's volume is too low due to me being in the same room with people watching a movie and I'm too lazy to go downstairs). The song's worth it.

VITAL STATS:

Nothing much to note. Been nothin' goin' on but work and sleep since last night. But...I smell...cookies!! Jess and some of her friends made cookies! Yay! That's all for me...gonna bore my self to sleep in a little bit. Enjoy the rest of your evening and GOODNIGHT NOW!!

© Copyright 2011 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/741743-This-ones-about-not-knowing-the-date