*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/742689-My-favorite-things-are-changing
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#742689 added December 28, 2011 at 1:45pm
Restrictions: None
My favorite things are changing....
I am relishing the simplest things lately, an afternoon lunch of a hot cup of tomato soup, a few minutes to catch up on my favorite blogs, a steaming cup of Swiss Miss hot chocolate with a dollop of Cool Whip after Jim is tucked in for the night. Little tiny blocks of time I can call my own seem most important to me now.

Christmas was quiet with just Jim and me and some Merry Christmas phone calls from our favorite people. One of our granddaughters dropped by on the 26th on her way home, and we shared some leftover Christmas treats. And we still expect our son to visit after the first of the year. I normally take my tree down on New Year's Day, but it may breathe a little longer this year *Smile*.

I'm thinking Jim may need a hospital bed. He has no strength at all first thing in the mornings. I have to help him sit up on the side of his bed and quickly prop pillows behind him before he falls backwards. He is even too weak to feed himself his breakfast. A hospital bed would help him into a sitting position. I just don't want to take away from any improvement he can make, but it's been a while now. As the day progresses, his strength returns, and I am able to get him into his wheelchair. Then he can eat lunch and supper at the kitchen table with just a little help from me. Last night I got him a pound of snow crab clusters, one of his favorites. I cracked them all and pulled out the meat. He ate almost the entire pound *Bigsmile*.

Mopsy has been extra sedate lately also. I guess we are all getting "old". *Sad*

until next time...c

© Copyright 2011 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/742689-My-favorite-things-are-changing