*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/743011-Appreciating-the-good-things
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#743011 added January 1, 2012 at 6:29pm
Restrictions: None
Appreciating the good things...
Our son from North Dakota arrived around 2 o'clock today. Even though it has been almost nine years since we have seen him, he looks much the same to me. We spent most of the afternoon talking nonstop, catching up on everything new and reminiscing about everything old. His job, moving oil rigs, is very dangerous. For some reason, I had not put the "danger" in the equation until he started explaining the process more intricately. Harrowing may be a more appropriate description. It may be dangerous, but it certainly agrees with him. I have aged far more than he has. His visit has made his dad so very happy.

Was last night a full moon or something? Mopsey kept running around, looking out all the windows, pulling open closet and cabinet doors, and anything else she could get into until the wee hours of the morning. I think it must have had something to do with the New Year's fireworks. She gets scared by the popping noises, and it takes her forever to forget and go back to normal again. Even today she was a little hyper and "off her feed." Poor Kitty.

I was so sad to learn of Sticktalker's passing. Lyle was always very kind to me and very helpful. I get a twinge in the chest and throat area when I think such a good person is gone forever. What a loss for future Dolls and WDCer's not to be able to know Lyle *Sad*. But I am very happy and appreciative that I did know him *Smile*. Thank you, Lyle. You will be missed.

until next time....c

© Copyright 2012 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/743011-Appreciating-the-good-things