*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/748528-Halfway-through-the-pinecones
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#748528 added March 7, 2012 at 2:41pm
Restrictions: None
Halfway through the pinecones...
if the wind stays quiet. It is wonderful outside today, warm and slightly overcast, just right for soaking up vitamin D. I listened to Money Money Money (Abba), Imagine (J Lennon), Somewhere Over the Rainbow (Izzy, the Hawaiian one), and Creque Alley (The Mommas and the Poppas) four times before I quit with a full trashcan. A workout for me, but really enjoyable and invigorating. I still have to fill up the feeders and birdbaths and sweep off the porches but I thought I would take a little break first and drink some iced tea.

I started a new book last night, The Glass Cell by Patricia Highsmith. She has written a bunch of books. I always look at the copyright page to see when the book was written and the topics it covers. This one is 1. Ex-convicts 2.Judicial Error (Fiction). It also has Ms. Hightower's birthdate, 1921-. That set the numbers in my brain spinning. Wow, I'm thinking, she's 91. There's hope for me, yet. Then I turned the book over and at the bottom of the back cover it said she died in 1995 in Locarno, Switzerland. It also said the thing that prompted her to write this book was a fan letter she received in 1961 from a prison inmate, with whom she continued to correspond. I think it is interesting to learn how books come to be written. I can't believe I've never read her before. It's very good.

I think I mentioned a fire at a fav pizza spot (Satchel's) a few blogs ago. Well early yesterday morning, another pizza restaurant (Blue Highway) suffered a similar fire...strange, but maybe just a coincidence. Satchel's weekend fundraiser netted over 32K for their 40-some employees who are out of work for around six weeks. That's amazing and wonderful!

Okay, I've rested long enough...time to get back at it....

until next time...c

© Copyright 2012 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/748528-Halfway-through-the-pinecones