*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/748980-to-enter-or-not
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#748980 added March 15, 2012 at 8:28pm
Restrictions: None
to enter or not....
Sometimes when I click on "add an entry" and I start writing about what has been happening with me, it seems so same, same, same. I get discouraged and log off. That has been happening several days in a row, and I am on right on the verge now, again.

Anyway, to continue on, Jim had his last physical therapy session today with Jackie. She thinks he has peaked out with his feet in the condidtion they are in (some dry gangrene with poor circulation). He never mentions pain to me, but when Jackie comes and wants him to practice standing, they begin to hurt, understandably. So the physical therapy is over. He seemed happy about it. At times he seems very depressed while at other times he is fine...just day by day....

Our weather is beautiful and I have been planting some shrubs, even a rosebush. I dedicated it to my mom, who just happened to be named "Rose" *Smile*. She passed away (lung cancer) in 1976 at age 49. I still miss her and talk to her almost everyday. Sorry if that sounds weird, but it's true. Her importance in my life grows with the passage of time. I must take very special care of my rosebush.

I also planted four tomato plants, and they have just about doubled their size in three days...wow....seventy days to harvest the tag said...I think a little more than that! I love spring. It's almost here.

I've been reading some more Laura Lippman. I like her. I think it was "Hooves" that put me onto her, but my memory does fail me a lot lately. She keeps me glued to the page and her setting (Baltimore) is familiar too. The current one is Every Secret Thing.

Jim's ARNP was here for a visit today, too. She has been on vacation, 2 weeks...to Israel (Haifa) and had a fantastic time. She is so nice, more like a friend than any nurse he has ever had. She went over the notes of his kidney consult with us, explaining the whys and what fors. She treats Jim like a person instead of a patient...I guess that's the difference. I think he is lucky to have her, but maybe he does not fully realize it. He gets so bitter about things sometimes and is very verbal. Most people would "back up" a little, but she seems to take it in stride.

Well, now I am even beginning to bore myself so... but as long as things continue as they are, I am happy and grateful...

until next time....Connie


moon over ocean at night

© Copyright 2012 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/748980-to-enter-or-not