*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/749521-The-best-laid-plans-and-all-that-jazz
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#749521 added March 24, 2012 at 6:07pm
Restrictions: None
The best laid plans and all that jazz....
Today I planned to cut all the grass, but Mother Nature had other things in mind. I did get the front yard almost finished before the downpour. Instead of April showers for May flowers, we get March drizzle for April sizzle. We even had more thunder and lightning. I am tired of being cooped up already. But everything is green and looking new again. The little trees I planted are bursting with new growth, but the blooms on my rosebush have died so I pruned it back some. Otherwise, it looks good.

I'm working on a story for the monthly site contest, Short Shots. When I looked at the prompt photo, my first thought was of a little boy who was "it" in a game of hide and seek...so I'm letting it flow as it will. Not sure if I will finish in time or even enter if I am. All my ideas seem so used. Maybe I'm reading too much *Confused*. Is that even possible?

Well, I think the downpour is in a pause mode so I will go out and see if I can blow the wet stuck grass clippings off the driveway and sidewalk. Too late to do anymore mowing today, I think.

until next time....c

© Copyright 2012 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/749521-The-best-laid-plans-and-all-that-jazz