*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/752975-Connie---Weather-Changes-Me
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#752975 added May 16, 2012 at 5:53pm
Restrictions: None
Connie - Weather Changes Me
It really does. On bright sunny days I want to get outdoors, work in the yard, take a walk, wash the truck, clean the lawn chairs. I just have to get outside when the sun is shining. The worst thing is being shut indoors on a sunny day with the a/c running. Pooh.

But oh I do enjoy a nice rainstorm, too. I curl up with a cozy book, read awhile, and soon I'm snoozing right through the drip drip drip off the rain gutter.

So I would have to say weather does affect me, just not in any bad ways.

Yesterday was one of those magnificent, stellar, memorable, sunny days. I went to Cedar Key while a lady from Comfort Keepers stayed with Jim....four whole hours.

I want to write it down so I can reread and reread...if you're bored, just click away somewhere else, I'll understand.

As soon as I got on Newberry Road, it started raining, oh no, then on 122nd, it poured. Should I turn back? Uh uh.

The sun came out on Archer Road, and it turned into a beautiful day, rainbow and all *Smile*. It took me a teeny bit over an hour, a long ride but worth it. I sang along with Carole King all the way. Through Archer, Bronson, over the Waccassassa Bridge, past Ellzey, Otter Creek, Sumner, Rosewood, then Channel Marker 5, 4, 3 and dahdah, Back Bayou into Cedar Key. The tide was just going out so it was smelling gooood *Wink*. You have to remember, I'm from the Delaware coast.

I turned left on 2nd from D St. (24) and slid into one vacant spot among many, at Little Shark Park (that's what's good about Tuesdays). Had to pee. Restrooms were clean but nothing to dry hands on.

I walked down to the little beach area - some old man was lying on his belly soaking up rays. There were bunches of shorebirds, mostly sandpipers, picking at the little pieces of seaweed that were washing up with each lap of the water. I saw a sailboat anchored off in the hazy distance, and if I could have bottled that breeze, I would have. Condos were to my left and a slew of restaurants to my right, kayak rentals just as I turned the corner from the beach to the sidewalk. I strolled all around past the restaurants and onto the new "concrete" pier, just not the same as the old wooden one but it was destroyed in a storm. A lady and a man in a wheelchair were fishing off one slip (I told Jim he should have come). I got about six feet from a big old brown pelican. He never did fly...I chickened out. I went to the end and looked out at the other litte keys (islands) - not much activity on a Tuesday.

Then I walked all the way around and back down to D Street. On 2nd Annie's Cafe was closed for repairs, bah! I went in the Art Coop and looked around, lots of pretty things. The guy working there was from Talbot County in Maryland, been here nine years, lives in Dunnellon. Nothing really appealed to me so I tooka middle street back up to the marina. Oh, the Emporium, where I really wanted to browse, was closed, "gone fishin'" the sign said. There were a lot of shuttered buildings past there, rundown and vacant. Too bad.

After I got past the Marina, I got back to the restaurants again, browsed a couple of Cedar Key souvenir shops, then bought a huge chocolate chip mint ice cream cone. Outside in the wind I had a hard time keeping up with the melts. A passer-by remarked it looked like more than I could handle..uh uh. He just wanted some. I sat on a bench in front of the little beach and finished it.

One of the tourboats was leaving with a pretty good crowd on board. I slipped off my shoes and walked down to the water again...splashed around and made a few birds fly. A couple of girls paddled back in a kayak - looked easy - like to try that sometime. I walked up to wash off my feet but the water was off so I sat on a bench and brushed off most of the sand and put on my shoes. It was 2:30 and time to leave...*Sad*.

There was hardly any traffic coming or going. I did get behind a log truck near Otter Creek but he turned north on 19. I took a left in Archer and came back on 241 to Jonesville to pick up spaghetti at O Sole Mia for supper after a perfect day .

until next time....c

© Copyright 2012 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/752975-Connie---Weather-Changes-Me