*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/755428-One-of-those-open-mouth-awe-inspiring-moments
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#755428 added June 22, 2012 at 12:42pm
Restrictions: None
One of those open-mouth, awe-inspiring moments.
I have what is called a garden window next to my kitchen table. They were very popular when we built our house in the 80's and are intended as a sunny spot for house plants. However, mine is on the south side, not a comfortable condition for house plants in Florida. I have filled the shelves with assorted colored glass. I love the rainbow effect when the sun shines through.

Today, for lunch, I was sitting at the table fixing some tuna salad when I happened to look up and saw a beautiful hummingbird about two inches from the glass looking inside. He (or she) must have thought the colored glass objects were flowers. He hovered around for several seconds and continued to come back several times. I had a birds' eye view. I called Mopsy (I do this a lot and she responds like a shot) and she was fascinated as well. The hummingbird didn't mind her at all. In fact, I think he enjoyed showing off.*Smile*. I have a hummingbird feeder, but haven't seen any in so long I have neglected to put it out. Mr Hummingbird has given me some incentive to dig it out and fill it up. I think I'll put it near the garden window and maybe he will be back soon.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2012 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/755428-One-of-those-open-mouth-awe-inspiring-moments