*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/755395-Another-bullying
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#755395 added June 21, 2012 at 7:40pm
Restrictions: None
Another bullying...
I just watched the Nightly News on ABC and was shocked and upset by a video they showed involving a school bus monitor and bullying by middle school students. What made it so personally upsetting to me was the age and gender of the monitor, 68 and female, and a grandmom. Students on the bus were shown poking her with a book, making fun of her "flabby fat", calling her other "fat" names, for twenty minutes! I was aghast! To her credit, she never lost her temper or tried to retaliate in any way that I saw on the video. She must have had willpower of steel! The video apparently came from another student who ended up posting it on Facebook. I think it happened in a suburb of Rochester, N.Y. I shudder to think it's possible one of these very students could someday be President of the United States or, even worse, on the Supreme Court. It is amazing how mean people can be when they are in a group and think they have backup. I intend to follow this story to see what the school does for punishment, if anything. Boy, wouldn't that be sad if they do nothing... And I wonder how many times things like this happen without being videoed?

until next time...c


moon over ocean at night

© Copyright 2012 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/755395-Another-bullying