*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/755241-My-afternoon-out
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#755241 added June 19, 2012 at 9:13pm
Restrictions: None
My afternoon out...
My respite lady, Dana, came today at 12 to stay with Jim. I had several errands planned, the first being a visit to the library. I had lots to return, some dangerously close to being past due. My library has installed a new soflware system and us patrons have been "babysitting" books during the changover.

So with Dana at home I had plenty of lackadaisical browsing time on my hands, a wonderful thing. I found a book on writing memoirs by William Zinsser, Writing About Your Life. I've read the first few pages and it looks pretty interesting. He writes about things from his own life, tells why he chose them, gives hints on how to "think" of memories and how to organize them into a memoir...looks very helpful.

Also, I picked up a couple of mysteries, Butchers Hill by Laura Lippman, and Dead Like You by Peter James. I have to admit the last one was a mistake. I was looking at mysteries by P.D. James and picked up this one without realizing the first name was Peter...ohoh. Who knows, it may turn out to be even better *Smile*. I love to read mysteries but have never tried to write one.

Then I went to a "pay for" bookstore to look for a b-day present for our daughter. They have all kinds of neat things...wow, I just looked out my window and saw the most beautiful red sunset over the pine trees! What's that saying...red sky by morning, sailors take warning, red sky at night, sailors delight...definitely a delight! So after much searching I found something I thought she might like and got the cutest b-day card ever. It shows the back of a cat (suspicously looking like Mopsy) holding a shotgun pointed at a mousehole in the baseboard and says, "You better have a happy birthday or else!" I know, I know, it doesn't sound that funny...you'd have to know Mopsy!*Laugh*

Then it was off to Home Depot for some mulch and another plant, this time a red hibiscus. I spent a little too much time traipsing around the garden center in 95 degree heat, and it almost did me in. I forgot to eat lunch or bring water. I decided to go by Publix and pick up a snack to get revived...crackers and a grapefruit drink. Then I went next door to the post office and mailed the present. So I got lots of things taken care of.

My gas gauge was at half full (or half empty, depending on your point of view) and I couldn't make up my mind whether to fill up or not. The price was $3.41. I opted not to thinking it may go down a little more, probably the wrong decision but we'll see. On my next respite time, I'll need to get the oil changed, not a fun time *Sad*.

Thank heavens I've got some new books to read...PBS and TCM have been sucky lately. I have become addicted to a new show called Longmire on A&E on Sunday nights at 10. It's set in Wyoming, beautiful backdrops. I think it's the westerny atmosphere I like.

Well, my books are calling me. so....

until next time...c

© Copyright 2012 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/755241-My-afternoon-out