*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/755102-A-few-hits
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#755102 added June 17, 2012 at 8:08pm
Restrictions: None
A few "hits"...
I wrote an article last year on Father's Day and how it came about, "Father's Day, and it has made me smile to see how many hits it is getting. I even updated it for the current year. It's really nice when people are looking at your "stuff" without encouragement *Smile*. I hope all the Dads out there had a terrific and memorable Father's Day this year!

This afternoon I was trolling through some photo albums and came across this old picture of my Jim. He was probably about thirty years old, and I pulled it out to get a closer look. I don't know why but I turned it over and there on the back I recognized these words written by our daughter, My handsome Dad. From the looks of the writing, she must have been about eight or nine. I sped into the bedroom where Jim was resting and shared it with him. I got a huge flash of the happy, proud Dad face. It was great...he has been so down lately and not feeling good. Then I had to scan it and email (front and back) to our daughter. Her reaction was just like Jim's. She remembered writing it and thinking he looked like a movie star. What a great Dad's day!

until next time...c

© Copyright 2012 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/755102-A-few-hits