*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/756590-This-ones-about-one-outta-four
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#756590 added July 13, 2012 at 8:45am
Restrictions: None
This one's about one outta four.
What's up everybody? I'm just checkin' in from Blackberry Central because I have no reliable internet right now and I'm pretty much one rung above homeless for the time being.

I took a break from participating in the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS. I had to. In my time I've made some bad decisions and basically not lived life right. So I'm hitting the reset key to see if that helps. I'm fresh out from another stint at the looney bin, or as they prefer you to call it, the "Behavioral Health Center". And that, my friends, is a good and blessed thing.

Stereotypes be damned. I'm not crazy; I just became overwhelmed with a lot of things I have going on that don't merit discussion inside this little text box I have to type in. But it's all good for now. One in four people- look around you now- are walking around with an undiagnosed mental illness. Shocking? Staggering, if I may say so! That's like 25% of the population, if you can believe it.

I guess why I'm here today is to say that I'm not ashamed. I have a mental illness. I have issues and I'm being treated for them. I'm man enough to admit that and take the heat, as well as advocate and sympathize. I have "chemical dependancy" issues as well, but let's cut the shit and call it what it really is...I like beer way more than it's appropriate to. There; I said it.

The truth is that I'm still highly functional. To the point that the state won't help me as I try to overcome this. And my life's been all about overcoming disadvantages and proving people wrong. Well, that's no way for anyone to live, if you ask me. And I certainly didn't ask for this.

In closing, I've been doing some writing lately just to help me stay agile while I find some closure in this messed-up life I lead. Maybe it'll create a path out of the wilderness. I have hope, and hope's all I've got.

We'll meet again, friends. Of that I am sure.

© Copyright 2012 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/756590-This-ones-about-one-outta-four