*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/758793-Walking-is-good
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#758793 added August 17, 2012 at 9:11am
Restrictions: None
Walking is good....
I just got back from a morning walk. At 8 in the morning it wasn't too bad, even for Florida. This morning I lasted 26 minutes, yesterday only 12. It's been several months, maybe over a year, since I got out of the habit, and it felt good. Things have changed in my neighborhood. People have gotten out the paint brushes and gone to work. I guess what I hear about Home Depot and Lowe's is true...when you can't sell it, you have to fix it up. Yards have been improved, too. Fountains, gazing balls, unique walkways, rose arbors, inviting front porches with seating areas and plants. The only downside is the For Sale sign, but, hey, improvements are good.

The bad thing about walking at 8 o'clock is the car fumes. Phew. Cough, cough. Maybe tomorrow morning I'll try to get out around 7:30. Mopsy was waiting at the front door for me when I got back. I have to lock up and take keys now since no one is home...but Mopsy, that is.

I started a good book last night, The Shape of Sand by Marjorie Eccles. It reminds me of a Jane Austen mystery, if there was such a thing. I got it from the library, but...dada...I have ordered a Kindle...earliest delivery date on the 22nd. I've already thought several times that I wished I hadn't ordered it...you know, the old dog business. But it's coming and I've made up my mind to use it!

My neighbor on the left came over yesterday to let me know they are moving and have rented their house to "a professional woman." Yeah, I thought that too, but he wouldn't get it. He's been out of work for a couple of years except for computer work he's picked up here and there. They're moving into the wife's grandmother's house for a year, intending to fix it up for free rent, and maybe get back on their feet. I hope it works out, but having worn the landlord hat in the past, Murphy's Law plays havoc with the best of plans. On the bright side, maybe I'll have a new friend....depending on the profession...lol.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2012 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/758793-Walking-is-good