*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/759171-Watching
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#759171 added August 22, 2012 at 4:17pm
Restrictions: None
Watching....
I'm sitting here at the computer, looking out my window at the kids coming home from school. They all look like the greater than sign with their heavy backpacks, clutching tightly to the straps, and trudging up the hill. I have personal knowledge of that hill because it's where I start my walk every morning. I feel sorriest for the boys because they seem to have to prove something by lugging more. It reminds me of something I saw on tv a few days ago about a local private school that was providing tablets for all their students. Guess they wouldn't need backpacks. All their textbooks, all their notebooks, everything they need on a lightweight, handheld electronic pad. Sounds like a great idea. Costwise, it can't be that much more expensive, if at all. Textbooks aren't cheap.

I guess I have this on my brain because I received my Kindle yesterday, and I'm already reading my first book, When You Went Away by Michael Baron. I was getting stressed out waiting for it, thinking I wouldn't be able to use it...not a problem...so simple even for me. I'm loving it!

With all the rain we are getting, DAILY, mosquitoes have taken over. I just went out for less than two minutes to plant some flower seeds in a pot already fixed and waiting, and got bitten in five spots on my ankles...yikes! Where's the sun? This is Florida! I hear Texas is having it just as bad or worse with several cases of West Nile. Earlier I watched the lady across the street cut her grass while her little boy, who looked about four or five, played in the front yard. He had shorts on and I'll bet he was getting eaten alive. It is mind-boggling how mosquitoes can be sucking you dry and you don't even know it, nasty little varmints. They say on the news, don't go out early morning or early evening, but they forgot to tell the little blood-suckers.

until next time....c

© Copyright 2012 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/759171-Watching