*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/760350-West-Point-Sleepy-Hollow-and-USS-Intrepid
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#760350 added September 21, 2012 at 10:51pm
Restrictions: None
West Point, Sleepy Hollow, and USS Intrepid
         I recently spent a nice week in the small town of Nanuet, NY.  You might wonder what makes this town so special, and to be honest, it's just a small town in southern NY, about 25 miles from NYC.  But, it's also about 25 miles from West Point, home of the Army's Military Academy, and 10 miles from Sleepy Hollow, made famous by Washington Irving in "The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow".  You know I had to visit both places, and I wasn't disappointed one bit.

         Nanuet in itself is nice, the people there were very friendly, and I found a great place for some Sushi!  If you are ever in the area, visit New City Sushi, you will be surprised at the quality of it.  My customer that week was Rockland County, they are upgrading their system and needed a class I deliver, so I was lucky to be sent there.

         Sleepy Hollow is just as small town, more of an old River Town from days past than Nanuet is, since it sits right on the Hudson.  I visited the Sleepy Hollow cemetary, but never saw a headless horseman.  Of course, I didn't visit it at night. *Rolleyes*  The cemetary is amazing, and has several famous people from the early 20th Century buried there.  If you are ever in the area, play tourist long enough to visit Sleepy Hollow and West Point.

** Image ID #1890585 Unavailable **



         Once class was done on Friday, I thought I'd visit the USS Intrepid Sea, Air, and Space Museum in New York City.  I had visited it previously, but the Enterprise was not there then.  This is a wonderful museum for any kind of museum buff, but especially if you're a military history person, or love anything to do with the Space Program.  My only disappointment was that people are not allowed on the Enterprise.  You can walk around it from all angles, but the general public cannot walk in the loading bay of it, nor look inside the cockpit.  Maybe in the future.

** Image ID #1890584 Unavailable **



** Image ID #1840790 Unavailable **


Jim Dorrell

© Copyright 2012 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/760350-West-Point-Sleepy-Hollow-and-USS-Intrepid