*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/761250-Looking-for-Arnold-in-Sacramento
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#761250 added September 21, 2012 at 10:59pm
Restrictions: None
Looking for Arnold in Sacramento
         Well no wonder I couldn't find Arnold, he was out of office already!  *Frown*  I spent the majority of a week in Sacramento delivering a class, and got an unwelcome surprise on Thursday afternoon.  Received an E-mail about the following weeks class in Madison County, NY.  It was cancelled because the customer wasn't ready to support it.  They had no one scheduled to attend, did not realize it was a classroom delivered class, had expected it to be delivered on line.  Oh well, there are some things you just can't control.  I did have a nice time there, and when class was finished on Friday, I spent the night in San Francisco.  On the drive there, I stopped by Mare Island Shipyard, or what used to be that place.  It is now part of the city, and is undergoing major renovations, but very slowly.  I had stopped to take pictures of the old Naval Nuclear Power School that I attended back in 1973.  That was very sad for me really, the building is literally falling down, and should be condemned.  Guess I just have fond memories of that time in my life, even if we had to study and work very hard just to pass.  Probably the toughest school I've ever attended.  Would have been easier if I'd applied myself and worked hard, but I wasn't the 'work-o-holic' then that I am now.  Dinner that night was at the Cliff House on the ocean.  It's a grand old place, the food is excellent, and the view....  wonderful.  I was wishing for a little fog to roll in, but it was clear as a bell.  Still, a very nice dinner.  Till next time my friends, I'm off to Seattle for two weeks next, see you then.

** Image ID #1840790 Unavailable **


Jim Dorrell

© Copyright 2012 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/761250-Looking-for-Arnold-in-Sacramento