*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/761467-An-oldie-but-goodie
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#761467 added September 25, 2012 at 8:19pm
Restrictions: None
An oldie but goodie....
Okay, I have given in and raised my font size to 150%. I do not know why I kept fighting it; it is so much better.

I cut the grass and trimmed today. Hopefully, there won't be too many more times this year. We are a little cooler, even here in Florida, and the grass is lightening up ever so slightly.

Last night I did what I normally do, watched the news at eleven just prior to hitting the hay. Then, not being too sleepy, I flipped over to Turner Classic Movies and was pleasantly surprised to catch the beginning of The Diary of Anne Frank...what good memories that brought back. Yikes, not the story, but where I first watched the movie.

Jim and I were newlyweds of about three months. Another young couple with their one-year-old son lived next door. All of us dwelled at the opposite end of rich so when Sybil said they would like to get out for an evening alone and would we babysit, we jumped at the opportunity. Our tvless situation and their nineteen inch black and white played a big part in the decision. Neither of us had much babysitting experience, but Sybil insisted little Dave was tucked into his crib and not likely to wake till they returned.

I popped popcorn, the old-fashioned way in a corn popper, put it in a Tupperware bowl, and promptly at seven we were knocking on their door. She and big Dave tiptoed out, and we tiptoed back to their tv room, actually their bedroom. We got comfy just as the title flashed on the screen.

For three hours I was spellbound. I'm not too sure about Jim, but he didn't complain. I think he was too busy with the popcorn and snoozing, but we did enjoy a very interesting discussion about it the next day, so he couldn't have snoozed too much.

That was our first tv movie together, and last night I could almost imagine Jim was right there beside me. I watched it from beginning to ending again, and enjoyed it almost as much as the first time, but I don't think it was quite as long or maybe it was the commercials that made it longer the first time.

Little Dave never did wake up just as Sybil had said. Lucky for us...and for little Dave...

till next time....c

© Copyright 2012 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/761467-An-oldie-but-goodie