*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/762530-Calm-to-quake
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#762530 added October 10, 2012 at 7:40am
Restrictions: None
Calm to quake...
I dreamed Jim and I were floating down a river in separate boats. I was just lying in mine, going with the flow, but he was sitting up in the stern somehow steering his. The boats looked like dugout canoes. At first we were drifting down the river and somehow I knew the name of it but now I can't remember. It was quiet, we didn't speak, I could see the trees overhead, and sometimes they were so close I could touch them. Then we were going the opposite direction, upstream, back to where we came from. Every once in awhile Jim's boat would be caught in a little white water and he would come popping up past me, then it would be calm again, and he would be slightly in back of me. Sometimes I would raise up and pull a twig off a tree limb and think to myself, I've got a souvenir, and Jim would nod, but we did not speak. The river ended and now we were in an airport, but we got separated somehow. It was crowded and sometimes it looked like a museum. I couldn't find where he had gone, but in my head I could hear him talking, talking to our daughter and of all things, ordering pizza. I was stuck with this other couple and the husband for some reason needed his clothes changed and I was changing them while his wife just looked on like she didn't care. Every time I put new clothes on him, he was still in his old clothes underneath even though I knew I had taken them off. And all the time I can hear Jim talking and I am desperate to catch up with him. I am afraid he might get on that plane without me. I keep trying to get away from these two people but I can't. The crowd get worse. I can't get through. Then I woke up, or Mopsy woke me up, and I was crying like crazy.

© Copyright 2012 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/762530-Calm-to-quake