*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/762850-The-fox
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#762850 added October 14, 2012 at 8:08am
Restrictions: None
The fox...
My older granddaughter got engaged a while back. She called yesterday, and they have set a date, February 23rd, only four months away, exciting. She will be the first of my grandchildren to marry. She and Clark have been dating forever, it seems, so it is no real surprise. The only downside is that she will be moving back to Jacksonville. He's a firefighter there, and his whole family is from there, a family of firefighters. The only good thing about Jax is its proximity to the beaches. He's a great guy...and my granddaughter...well, I can't say enough good things about her to do her justice. She's the best!

I decided against going to the art festival this weekend, just too many people, especially with my bandaged shoulder. I really don't want anyone bumping me. My mole excision on Thursday went very well. Although I was sleepy for the rest of the day and it hurt a little, I was raring to go on Friday. I took a long walk in this enjoyable fall weather and got to see a fox running off into the the woods. He was very skinny, and it made me think how our developments have displaced so much wildlife. The fox is home but home is not the same. That sounds too familiar. About the only thing I can do is be informed and vote my heart. It seems so much of life is at odds with itself....

until next time...c

© Copyright 2012 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/762850-The-fox